- India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 194.41 Crore.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has said that in order to achieve the larger goals, improving the quality of institutions of higher learning is of vital importance. Inaugurating the two-day Conference of Vice-Chancellors of Central Universities and Directors of Institutions of National Importance at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate Biotech Startup Expo – 2022 in New Delhi on Thursday.
- India Meteorological Department (IMD) issues orange alert for some of the Northern parts of the country over the heatwave condition
- Union Minister of State for Personnel Dr Jitendra Singh interacted and felicitated first 20 All India Toppers of Civil Services Exam 2021 who called on him at the Department of Personnel and Training headquarters in New Delhi, on 07 June,
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia announced first-ever National Air Sports Policy-2022 in New Delhi. The objective of this policy is to include India among the top air sporting nations by 2030. It is also aimed at providing a safe, affordable and sustainable air sports ecosystem in the country. Eleven air sports including Aerobatics, Ballooning, Gliding, Parachuting, Powered aircraft and Rotorcraft will be promoted through this policy.
- Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates new building of National Tribal Research Institute in New Delhi. He said it will play a crucial role in tribal development.
- ANDHRA PRADESH’S ruling YSRCP has hired political strategist Prashant Kishor’s Indian Political Action Committee (I-PAC) for a second time ahead of 2024 state Assembly polls, a party leader has confirmed.
- BIHAR : Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates and lays foundation stones of 15 National Highway projects in Patna and Hajipur in Bihar.
- J&K : Three Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists, including two Pakistani were eliminated by security forces in seperate encounters in North Kashmir.
- KARNATKA : PM Modi to lay foundation stone for Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project on June 20.
The 15,000- crore rupee project will connect Bengaluru city with its suburbs through a Rail-based rapid transit system. Dubbed as India’s most integrated Rail project, it is likely to be completed by 2026. The network will span over 148 kilometres with 57 stations.
- A suspected Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist has been arrested from Bengaluru’s Okalipuram in a joint operation by Jammu and Kashmir Police and Indian Army’s Rashtriya Rifles. According to officials, the accused had been living in the city for past two years.
- The Uppinangady Govt First Grade College management suspended 23 girl students, who staged a protest demanding permission to wear hijab inside classrooms last week. The Karnataka High Court in March stated that the hijab isn’t an essential religious practice in Islam, making it mandatory for everyone to wear uniforms provided by the educational institutions.
- KERALA : The prime accused in Kerala gold smuggling case, Swapna Suresh, on Tuesday claimed CM Pinarayi Vijayan, his wife Kamala and daughter Veena were involved in the scam.
Suresh further said Vijayan’s additional private secretary CM Raveendran, then Principal Secretary Nalini Netto and then minister KT Jaleel were also involved.
- RAJASTHAN , Border Security Force has arrested four persons with 3 and a half KG of heroin from the international border in the Shri Ganganagar district.
- The Rajasthan Police has sent a notice to BJP MLA Chandrakanta Meghwal in a five-year-old assault case. Meghwal, who represents the Keshoraipatan assembly constituency.
- TELANGANA : Coin Exhibition inaugurated in Hyderabad as part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations.
Chairman and Managing Director of India Government Mint Tripti Patra Ghosh said, the exhibition reflects about 120 years of the history of the region as well as the nation.
- An AIMIM MLA’s son has been named as an accused in the gangrape case of a minor girl in a car in Hyderabad, police said on Tuesday. All accused, including one adult and five minors, are in police custody.
- UTTAR PRADESH : Police have arrested 12 more people in connection with Kanpur violence, taking the total number of arrests made to 50, an official said. Violence erupted in parts of Kanpur on Friday in protest against “insulting comments” on Prophet Muhammad.
💷 GBP ₹97.79
BSE Sensex 55,107.34
NIFTY : 16,416.35
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reviewed the progress in setting up of the National Asset Reconstruction Company Limited (NARCL).
It is the special purpose Asset Reconstruction Company for taking over the large value NPA accounts above 500 crore rupees from the banks.
- The World Bank on Tuesday cut India’s FY23 economic growth forecast to 7.5% from 8% estimated earlier in April. It cut the forecast due to “headwinds from rising inflation, supply chain disruptions, and geopolitical tensions offsetting buoyancy in the recovery of services consumption from the pandemic”. World Bank had trimmed the projection for India from 8.7% to 8% in April.
Sidharth Malhotra -Rashmika Mandanna starrer Mission Majnu will now release on June 10, 2022. Sidharth Malhotra is playing the role of a RAW agent who leads a covert operation in Pakistan. The movie also marks the Bollywood debut of South sensation Rashmika Mandanna.
The movie will now clash with Kiara Advani and Vicky Kaushal”s Govinda Naam Mera
- The Ministry of Defence has issued three separate notifications amending the rules of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force for the appointment of the next Chief of Defence Staff CDS. Includes serving or retired three-star Army Lt General, Air Marshal and Vice Admiral for the post.
Serving Three-star officers Lieutenant General in Army, Air Marshal in Air Force and Vice-Admiral in Navy or retired Sevice Chiefs or three-star officers can be appointed Chief of Defence Staff if considered necessary in the public interest.
✈️ INTERNATIONAL NEWS
- The three-nation tour of Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu to Gabon, Senegal and Qatar ended as he departed for New Delhi from Doha on 07 June.
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu reiterates, India’s commitment to strengthen ties with Qatar.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal has said, the government will hold negotiations at the World Trade Organization (WTO) to protect the interests of the country’s fishermen.
- UP-born billionaire Gupta brothers arrested in UAE on corruption charges: Rajesh Gupta and Atul Gupta were arrested in Dubai on Tuesday for corruption in South Africa. The UP-born brothers had multiple businesses in South Africa including IT, media, mining etc.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Australian Space Agency (ASA) held a virtual meeting on Tuesday during which they reviewed space cooperation and discussed potential areas of working together.
🌎 WORLD NEWS 🌍
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said on Tuesday that the country will fight to recover all its territory occupied by Russian forces,
- Vietnam’s Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long and Hanoi MayorE Chu Ngoc Anh were sacked from their roles and arrested following accusations that they were involved in a COVID-19 test-kit corruption scandal.
- China has announced that it’ll offer cash rewards from 10,000 yuan (nearly $1,500) to over 1,00,000 yuan (about $15,000) for tip-offs on breach of national security under measures introduced this week, state media reported.
- Massive LNG tanker sails itself across the Pacific in shipping world first: HD Hyundai has announced that the Prism Courage, a 122,000 tonne ultra-large natural gas tanker operated by its subsidiary Avikus, has become the first large ship to make an ocean passage of over 10,000 km (6,210 miles) under autonomous control.
KHELO INDIA YOUTH GAMES 2021 :
Haryana is at the top in the medal tally with 23 gold, 21 silver and 28 bronze medals.
(b) Haryana has won a total 72 medals till now.
(c) Maharashtra has retained second position by winning 19 gold, 19 silver and 16 bronze medals followed by Manipur with 12 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals.
(d) Tamilnadu has reached fourth place by winning 7 gold, 9 silver and 4 bronze medals.
(e) Punjab has come down at fifth place in the medal tally with 6 gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze medals.
PUNJAB : Chandigarh
Formation : 01 Nov 1966
Gvnr : Banwarilal Purohit
CM: Bhagwant Mann (AAP)
Dist : 23
🥇Gold ₹52,660 @10gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,400@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹96.94/Ltr
⛽ Diesel ₹87.19/Ltr
LPG : ₹ 1,044/14.2 Kg
FACTS ABOUT INDIA
Area of India : 3,287,240 Sq km
Largest State Rajasthan 342,239 Sq km
Smallest State Goa 3,702 Sq km
Why Do We Cry When We Laugh?
Some believe crying while laughing occurs because both reactions are a result of increased emotion. people cry while laughing because of too much pressure around the tear ducts due to the body shaking during strong laughter. These tears are called reflex tears, which occur when the eyes come in contact with an irritant such as a strong gust of wind or the aroma of a freshly sliced onion. It is important to note these are different from emotional tears, which are produced in response to an experienced emotion, such as sadness or anxiety.
ते सर्वदा कलहं कुर्वन्ति । = They always quarrel.
🤔 HOW IT WORKS ⁉️ =======================
How baking Soda is prepared.
Baking Soda : Sodium bicarbonate is formed by mixing carbon, sodium, hydrogen and oxygen molecules. This mixture, also known as baking soda, is actually a type of salt.
Baking soda is the common name of sodium bicarbonate. The chemical formula of baking soda is NaHCO3.
The Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder
What Is Baking Powder?
Baking powder is comprised of baking soda and a dry acid, like cream of tartar or sodium aluminum sulfate. Since the acid in baking powder is dry, the baking soda does not react until combined with a liquid.
Baking soda reacts with acids in a recipe, neutralizing them and, in the process, creating carbon dioxide. Examples of acids include: buttermilk, brown sugar, lemon juice, or yogurt. The bubbles from the carbon dioxide cause the batter to rise. Without baking soda, cookies would be dense pucks and cakes would be flat.
💁🏻♂ GK TODAY
8 June – World Oceans Day
World Oceans Day is celebrated on 8 June every year to empower people of all ages to become leaders of their own and stop polluting ocean, and water bodies. This day spread awareness about reducing single-use plastics and taking action necessary to bring real change.
8 June- World Brain Tumour Day
BORN TODAY 🐣💐
Lieutenant Ummer Fayaz (8 June 1994 – 10 May 2017) was an Indian Army officer who was abducted and killed in May 2017 by Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hizbul Mujahideen militants in Jammu and Kashmir, India. He had been commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Indian Army from the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun on December 10, 2016 and was serving in the 2nd battalion, Rajputana Rifles.
🙏🏻 IDIOMS & PHRASES
Hit the nail on the head
Get something exactly right
Crooked – Straight
Enormous – Immense
🛕 VEDIK GYAN
Who is lord Ayyappa..⁉️
According to Puranas, Ayyappa is the son of Hari-hara ( Hari : Mahavishnu in the form of Mohini and Hara : Shiva).
Ayya means Father
Appa means Father
with Ayyappan connoting “Lord-father”.
After the birth of Ayyappa, Shiva and Mohini left the child on the banks of the Pampa River, Kerala. Then, the ruler of the dynasty, King Rajashekhara, the childless monarch adopted Ayyappa.
Asur Mahishi had a boon from Lord Brahma that only a child born of Lord Vishnu and Shiva could slay her, so She was indestructible, later she died in Ayyappa’s hands, and received moksha.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Turmeric + Multani Mitti
Turmeric is one of the best things to use on your face if you wish to get rid pimples. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties too that work like magic on acne. And when face pack made with combination of Multani mitti, Rosewater Turmeric and Yogurt it will bring glow on skin and reduces sticky oilness on the face.