After ‘fat finger’ trade, NSE cautions brokers against executing non-genuine trades
- A ‘fat finger’ trade on the National Stock Exchange’s (NSE) derivatives section may have resulted in a loss of Rs 200-250 crore to a brokerage house. This could be the largest trading blunder in the history of the home market.
- The most important stock exchange , National Stock Exchange (NSE) has issued a warning to stock brokers about fulfilling orders that appear to be non-genuine, which could cause a departure in the regular price discovery process
Religious conversion, unless forced, is not prohibited: Delhi HC
- Recently, a bench of the Delhi High Court in a response to a petition regarding religious conversion in India held that a religious conversion, unless forced, is not prohibited as every person has the right guaranteed under the Constitution to choose or profess any religion.
Keep ESZ of 1 km around forests: SC
- The Supreme Court directed that every protected area, national park and wildlife sanctuary across the country should have a mandatory eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) of a minimum one km starting from their demarcated boundaries.
Gecko found in Andhra, Odisha turns out to be a new species
- A gecko discovered in Visakhapatnam in 2017 was previously assumed to be a member of a known species, but it has now been classified as a new species.
- It was identified as Eublepharis pictus, after a phylogenetic analysis and morphological comparisons. It appears to be prevalent in the forests of Andhra Pradesh and Odisha. They are also called Painted Leopard Gecko.
Supreme Court objects to frivolous PIL petitions
- Recently, a Supreme Court bench of justice B.R. Gavai and Hima Kohli initially asked the litigant to pay ₹18 lakh, that is, ₹1 lakh for every one of the 18 minutes the case took up.
- However, the court later, in its order, slashed the amount to ₹2 lakh on the request of the litigant’s counsel.